JCU Medical School applications close in one month
|Find out more about JCU Medical School|
Medical students at JCU gain early experience in the tropical health care context and benefit from extensive clinical experience and a full course of medical education and training. The program attracts students, staff and clinicians with an ambition to make a difference, whatever their background, specialty or career direction.
About JCU Medical School and the MBBS program
James Cook University’s medical school offers a six-year, full-time undergraduate degree in medicine and surgery, Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). This medical program aims to produce graduates of the highest academic standards, who can progress to medical practice and to further studies in medical specialties. As mentioned above, the course places special emphasis on rural and Indigenous health and tropical medicine. If you are interested in global health, and the health people in rural and remote places, JCU medicine may be a great fit for you.
Program title: Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Location: Townsville, Queensland
Semester intake: February
Program duration: 6 years
Application deadline: August 30, 2013
- Entry is directly from high school. Students may also transfer into the program during their undergraduate degree or at the completion of their undergraduate degree.
- High school cumulative average necessary to be considered is a minimum of 85% in Grade 12 subjects, including prerequisite subject grades.
- If you are applying to the program after you have partially or fully completed your post-secondary studies, you should have a Canadian GPA of 80% cumulative average across all university studies, but to have a competitive application, applicants should have achieved at least an 82% cumulative average.
- Completion of JCU International Student Application Form and School of Medicine specific application form.
- Interview: held in-person or via video conference
Keep in mind, the application deadline is only one month away! All application documents must be at the OzTREKK office by August 30, 2013.