Clinical Placements for the Master of Physiotherapy
Clinical and academic components to this program seek to create graduates who are ready to enter the profession and who have a range of experience in different social and clinical contexts.
Some of the clinical and professional fieldwork sites that Sydney MPT students have attended previously include
- 3 Combat Support Hospital, RAAF Base, Richmond
- Alice Betteridge School, Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
- Byron District Hospital
- Hunter Brain Injury Service
- Multiple Sclerosis Society, NSW/VIC
- Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick
- Rehab on the Move
- Sutherland Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
Eligible students in the University of Sydney’s Master of Physiotherapy degree are given the opportunity to complete the “Faculty of Health Science (FHS) Abroad” program, in which six elective credits from the final year of study can be undertaken in South and South East Asia. This opportunity allows Sydney Health Sciences students to make a meaningful contribution to a community in need and gain hands-on experience in community development through a four-to six-week placement with non-government organizations and other development agencies. In past years, students were placed in destinations such as Vietnam, Cambodia, India and Nepal.