Melbourne Medical School applications open for 2015 intake
About the Melbourne Doctor of Medicine ProgramProgram: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February 2015
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: TBC by the faculty. For the 2014 intake, the application deadline for the Melbourne MD was June 21, 2013.
The Melbourne MD is a four-year, graduate-entry medical program that builds on the University of Melbourne’s reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It enables students to become outstanding medical practitioners who will excel as world-class leaders in their chosen field.
Entry Requirements for the Melbourne MD Program
To apply to the Melbourne MD, eligible Canadian applicants must have
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized university;
- completed prerequisite second-year university subjects (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- completed the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT); and
- received an invitation by the University of Melbourne to sit a multi-mini interview (MMI).
- Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline (with prerequisites met and studies completed within the last 10 years)
- Test results in an aptitude test, MCAT or GAMSAT: MCAT test results from January 2012 to May 2014 (inclusive) will be accepted for those applying for the 2015 intake. Applicants sitting the MCAT test more than once within this date range may choose which set of scores to include with their application
- Structured multi-mini interview (MMI)