Canadian medical licensing: everything you need to know
Deciding to study medicine at an Australian Medical School is a huge decision! OzTREKK wants to ensure our Canadian student applicants have the most up-to-date knowledge about their options to practice medicine following graduation from an Australian Medical School.
Whether you would like to return to Canada or remain in Australia, those who attend our seminars learn about the avenues to practice medicine. We did our research and broke down the process for you, our applicants, (and your families) so that you can make an informed decision whether studying medicine in Australia is the best option for you.
OzTREKK Medical Licensing Seminars scheduleCity: Vancouver
Date: Sunday, June 1, 2014
Time: 2 – 5 p.m.
Date: Sunday, June 8, 2014
Time: 4 – 7 p.m.
Important topics covered at the seminars
- The Australian Medical School systems and structure
- Australian med school rankings
- Medical degree titles such as MD and MBBS
- Medical school rotations in Canada
- Coming back to Canada to practice medicine
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE), MCCQE1 and MCCQE2
- The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) program and rates
- Provincially specific programs available to international medical graduates
- The Australian Internship and Residency Program
How can you attend?Attendance is via invitation only. Only those students who submit an Australian Medical School application via OzTREKK are invited to the 8th Annual OzTREKK Medical Licensing Seminars. Family members of the medical school applicants are also welcome to attend the seminars.
Students and their families will have the opportunity to ask questions about studying medicine in Australia and about obtaining a residency after their program completion. These seminars help parents and students walk away with all the necessary information to help them make a decision about studying at an Australian Medical School.