Melbourne Medical School application deadline
- Application deadline: June 23, 2014 (Melbourne time). NOTE: All Melbourne MD application documents must be at the OzTREKK office by Friday, June 20, 2014 in order for your complete Melbourne Medical School application to be submitted on time.
- Last date to sit MCAT for 2015 intake: May 31, 2014
- Last date to submit MCAT results: July 7, 2014
- Interview offers released: August 1, 2014
- Applicants not shortlisted for interview notified: August 11 – 12, 2014
- Deadline to accept interview: August 7, 2014
- Interviews (via Skype): August 18 – 22, 2014
- Offers of admission begin to be issued: October 20 – 21, 2014
- Deadline to accept offer of admission and pay deposit: November 5, 2014
- Deadline to meet any conditions of offer: November 10, 2014
- Enrollment deadline: January 23, 2015
- First day of class: February 2, 2015
University of Melbourne Doctor of Medicine ProgramProgram: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February 2015
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: June 23, 2014 (Melbourne time). NOTE: All Melbourne MD application documents must be at the OzTREKK office by Friday, June 20, 2014 in order for your complete Melbourne Medical School application to be submitted on time.
The Melbourne MD is a four-year, graduate-entry medical program that builds on the University of Melbourne’s reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It enables students to become outstanding medical practitioners who will excel as world-class leaders in their chosen field.
Entry Requirements for the Melbourne MD ProgramTo apply to the Melbourne MD, eligible Canadian applicants must have
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized university;
- completed prerequisite second-year university subjects (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- completed the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT); and
- received an invitation by the University of Melbourne to sit a multi-mini interview (MMI).
- Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline (with prerequisites met and studies completed within the last 10 years)
- Test results in an aptitude test, MCAT or GAMSAT: MCAT test results from January 2012 to May 2014 (inclusive) will be accepted for those applying for the 2015 intake. Applicants sitting the MCAT test more than once within this date range may choose which set of scores to include with their application
- Structured multi-mini interview (MMI)