Everyone interested in studying vet med is welcome to meet the Sydney Faculty of Veterinary Science Faculty Manager Ms Veronica Boulton, Sub-Dean (Admissions), who will be visiting the University of Guelph on Friday, November 7, 2014! Come meet Ms Boulton and OzTREKK Admissions Officer Nicole Bowes and OzTREKK Admissions Coordinator Molly Mahon. Ask as many questions as you like!
Where: University of Guelph, University Centre
Date: Friday, November 7, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
University of Sydney Veterinary School is a world leader in veterinary education, animal science and research that advances the health and welfare of animals and benefits the community. The faculty’s values include
- student life-long learning, supported by inspirational teaching
- research excellence in creating new knowledge
- service to the profession and the community, as they value and develop key relationships
- a culture built on academic excellence, integrity, respect and encouragement
- animal well-being to guide their work
Why study at Sydney Veterinary School?
- University of Sydney is ranked 37th in the world
- The university offers the 4-year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- The Sydney DVM is AVMA accredited—students graduating from an AVMA accredited school have their degree recognized in North America and are entitled to sit the NAVLE
- One of the first veterinary schools in Australia
Program title: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales
Semester intake: March 2015
Program duration: 4 years
Admissions Criteria/Entry Requirements for Canadians
Students can apply for a position into the Sydney DVM after completing any kind of bachelor’s degree at a recognized university, as long as program prerequisite units of study have been met.
Applicants must have completed the following prerequisite units of study at bachelor’s degree level to be eligible for entry:
- general chemistry (physical and inorganic)
- organic chemistry