Short-term accommodation at the University of Sydney
The OzTREKK Boarding Pass provides a listing of recommended temporary accommodation places for each Australian university, including Sydney. On the Boarding Pass, you’ll find heaps of accommodation advice from former and current OzTREKK students!
University of Sydney Campus LocationsThe University of Sydney has a network of teaching campuses spread throughout the Sydney area. The main Camperdown/Darlington campus is well known as the home of the university’s historic sandstone buildings, gargoyles and cloisters, lawns and courtyards. But this is just one part of the picture. The University of Sydney’s campuses include
- Camperdown/Darlington: The Camperdown and Darlington Campuses are home to the faculties of Agriculture and Environment, Architecture, Arts and Social Sciences, Education and Social Work, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Science, and Veterinary Science and the University of Sydney Business School.
- Cumberland (Lidcombe): Cumberland Campus is home to the Sydney Faculty of Health Sciences (like physiotherapy) and is located in Lidcombe, around 16 km west of the city centre.
- Mallett Street: Sydney Nursing School
- Conservatorium: The Sydney Conservatorium of Music (often shortened to the ‘Con’) is one of the world’s finest music schools and is located in the Royal Botanic Gardens near the Sydney Opera House.
- Rozelle: Sydney College of the Arts – ceramics, film & digital art, glass, jewellery and object, painting, print media, photo media, and sculpture.
- Surry Hills: The campus houses the main offices of the Faculty of Dentistry, the Dentistry Library, teaching, seminar and recreational facilities and the extensive clinical facilities of the Sydney Dental Hospital.
- St James: The Sydney Law School is now primarily located on the Camperdown campus but a limited number of postgraduate courses are run from the St James teaching space.
- Camden: The extensive farms and research units at Camden campus are used by agriculture and Veterinary Science students. The Faculty of Veterinary Science operates a general veterinary clinic and teaching hospital on campus. The town of Camden is 65 km southwest of Sydney.
When you first arrive in Australia, depending on your budget, you may want to stay in less expensive accommodation like hostels, guesthouses or lodges, or you may be able to afford to stay in a hotel or serviced apartment. If you’d like to stick close to the university, check out Wesley College, a University of Sydney on-campus accommodation site that also has short-term accommodation options. Don’t forget to check out Sydney’s short-term accommodation web page: http://sydney.edu.au/current_students/accommodation/off_campus/short_term_housing.shtml
Please note that OzTREKK does not have commercial relationships with any accommodation providers. Our advice is provided based on our own experiences and our students’ experiences.