- Clinical experience at leading hospitals
- A research or capstone project within the program
- Research opportunities at world-leading institutes
- International connections and electives throughout Europe, Africa, North America and Asia
- In-depth exposure to rural clinical practices
- High teacher-student ratios
- Preparation support for registration in North America
In the video, the Sydney Medical School Prof David Cook outlines the Doctor of Medicine degree.
Student demographics – 2014 intake facts and figures
Total number of students: 292
Average age at enrolment: 25 years
About the University of Sydney Medical SchoolRanked 17th in the world by the QS World University Rankings, Sydney Medical School offers a world-class, graduate-entry degree in medicine. The Sydney MD includes weekly clinical experience in leading hospitals from the very first weeks, regular problem-based learning exercises in small groups, traditional lectures with expert practitioners, and ongoing opportunities to participate in research.
Program: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales (Camperdown/Darlington campus)
Next semester intake: February 2016
Duration: 4 years