Melbourne Doctor of Physiotherapy features
Graduates will be work-ready and immediately employable following registration having gained diverse clinical experience in major hospitals and increased their focus on primary healthcare and community engagement.
Graduates have the opportunity to pursue careers in a range of health settings including hospitals, private practice, sporting and rehabilitation facilities, community organisations or as an advisor to government or industry bodies. This degree provides opportunities to study and work overseas.
The Doctor of Physiotherapy offers a focus on professional commitment, responsibility and clinical leadership through
- clinical placements in the largest major metropolitan teaching hospitals, primary care, rural and international settings;
- innovative teaching methods and an extensive clinical program that offers advanced skills that will create work ready and highly employable graduates;
- being part of one of the largest health sciences faculties in Australia;
- an international focus to develop skills and attitudes enabling practice in both national and international environments;
- being part of Australia’s strongest research university; and
- opportunities to explore advanced practice (e.g., emergency medicine, sports physiotherapy).
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Next available intake: February 2016
Duration: 3 years
Application deadline: TBC for the 2016 intake