Do you love animals? Are you interested in becoming a vet? Applications for Australian Veterinary Schools for the 2016 intake are officially open!
Veterinary science programs at Australian Veterinary Schools are suitable for students who wish to gain entry into a veterinary professional program directly from high school or after having completed undergraduate studies. Canadian students wishing to become a veterinarian have the option of applying to the Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc) program directly from high school or after having completed Bachelor of Science courses or a degree.
For professional degrees which train students to become veterinarians, students can study veterinary medicine/veterinary science in Australia as either
- a Bachelor of Veterinary Science degree; or
- a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
The following Australian universities offer veterinary medicine/veterinary science programs:
- James Cook University Veterinary School
- University of Melbourne Veterinary School
- University of Queensland Veterinary School
- University of Sydney Veterinary School