Melbourne MD application timeline
Have you applied to Melbourne Medical School for the 2016 intake? Don’t forget to check out the application timeline!
Application Timeline for 2016 Intake
- Application deadline: June 22, 2015 (Melbourne time). NOTE: All Melbourne MD application documents must be at the OzTREKK office by Friday, June 19, 2015 in order for your complete Melbourne Medical School application to be submitted on time.
- Last date to sit MCAT for 2015 intake: May 22, 2015
- Last date to submit MCAT results: July 6, 2015
- Interview offers released: August 3, 2015
- Deadline to accept interview (online acceptance): August 9, 2015
- Interviews (via Skype): August 17 – 21, 2015
- Applicants not shortlisted for interview notified: September 15 – 16, 2015
- Offers of admission begin to be issued: October 20, 2015
- Deadline to accept offer of admission and pay deposit: November 4, 2015
- Deadline to meet any conditions of offer: November 11, 2015
- Unsuccessful applicants advised of outcome: November 13 – 16, 2015
- Enrollment deadline: January 14, 2016
- First day of class: February 1, 2016
About the Melbourne Doctor of Medicine Program
Program: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: Friday, June 19, 2015
The Melbourne MD is a four-year, graduate-entry medical program that builds on the University of Melbourne’s reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It enables students to become outstanding medical practitioners who will excel as world-class leaders in their chosen field.
Entry Requirements for the Melbourne MD Program
To apply to the Melbourne MD, eligible Canadian applicants must have
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized university;
- completed prerequisite second-year university subjects (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- completed the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT); and
- received an invitation by the University of Melbourne to sit a multi-mini interview (MMI).
- Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline (with prerequisites met and studies completed within the last 10 years)
- Test results in an aptitude test, MCAT or GAMSAT: MCAT test results from January 2013 to May 2015 (inclusive) will be accepted for those applying for the 2016 intake. Applicants sitting the MCAT test more than once within this date range may choose which set of scores to include with their application
- Structured multi-mini interview (MMI)