Master of Environment at Griffith University
The following specialisations are available and prepare graduates who are focused on creating a more sustainable society through their work in and across business, government and industry.
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Economics and Policy
- Education for Sustainability
- Environmental Planning
- Environmental Protection
- Sustainable Business
- Water Resources
- Climate Change Adaptation: You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to work in the areas of environmental climate change and policy-making. You may find work in the public sector, business or community organisations as an environmental assessment officer, project officer, project manager or policy officer.
- Economics and Policy: Addressing the challenge of sustainability has created employment opportunities in environmental economics and policy making across the business, government and community sectors. You may find work as a policy officer, policy advisor, environmental assessment officer or management consultant.
- Education for Sustainability: You will be prepared for work as a community education officer, environmental education teacher, education and communication officer or program developer.
- Environmental Protection: You will be equipped with the essential skills in environmental protection policy and practice needed to work in consulting firms and in government agencies. Your work will be focused on improving environmental management, quarantine and biosecurity outcomes in careers such as environmental monitoring and compliance officer, environmental assessment officer or project officer.
- Water Resources: You will be prepared for work in local councils and state government departments dealing with water resources and planning issues and in private consulting companies. You may find work as an environmental consultant, project officer, groundwater scientist, catchment management specialist or urban waterway specialist.
Location: Nathan Campus, Brisbane, Queensland
Semester intake: February and July
Duration: 1 – 2 years (depending on candidate’s background)