Inside the Melbourne Optometry EyeCare Clinic
The clinic runs eight consulting rooms, including specialist Pediatric and Keratoconus rooms. The range of consulting room equipment regularly found in private optometric practices is augmented by cutting-edge equipment not normally available. Images, plots and other data from diagnostic equipment is stored digitally. Wireless networked touch-screen notebook computers in each consulting room equipped with Sunix Vision practice management software link to this repository enabling a totally digital practice record system.
The clinic offers the following specialist diagnostic equipment:
- Optos optomap
- Cirrus HD-OCT
- Visucam Pro NM Fundus Camera
- Atlas 9000 Corneal Topographer
- Humphrey Field Analyzer II-i
- Humphrey Matrix Perimeter
- Nidek Tonoref II Auto Refractor/Keratometer/Tonometer
- Nidek RT-5100 Auto Refractor Head
- Designs For Vision Digital Photography Slit Lamp
- Vistavision Computerised Chart
University of Melbourne Doctor of Optometry
The optometry program at Melbourne Optometry School
is four years in duration, and consists of a combination of on-campus
teaching and clinical placements, with the clinical component commencing
in Year 1 and gradually increasing to full time in the final year.
Opportunities exist for clinical-related research to be conducted as a
required component of the degree.
Program: Doctor of Optometry (OD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: Late February or early March
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: Early round – July 28, 2016; Timely round – September 27, 2016
The Melbourne optometry program is available only to those applicants who have successfully completed an undergraduate degree or are in the final year of completing an undergraduate degree.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree and prerequisite subjects
- Write the OAT
- Submit a personal statement