Master of Applied Linguistics at the University of Melbourne
The Master of Applied Linguistics offers theoretical and practical training to give you the competitive edge to build your graduate career in language teaching, language assessment, language program evaluation and beyond. It is designed to boost your professional knowledge and sharpen your vocational skills in a wide range of areas.
Students may focus on one of 5 specialisations:
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Technology and language learning
- Language testing
- English language
- Modern languages
New Stream: Modern Languages
Students of the Master of Applied Linguistics will have the opportunity to
- acquire advanced level understanding of current issues, concepts and research methods in targeted areas of chosen discipline; and
- complete the Minor Thesis elective to activate a pathway to a PhD.
Program: Master of Applied Linguistics
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Duration: 1–2 years (dependent upon candidate’s background)
Semester intake: March
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent, with an average of 70% or above.