Studying physiotherapy at UQ
So what’s the inside scoop? Here are a few things that make UQ physiotherapy stand out from the crowd:
- Within the first few weeks of commencing in the program, UQ physiotherapy students will start to practice soft tissue mobilisation on one another.
- Students will continue to practice on their colleagues throughout the program, as this allows them to hone their techniques before going out on placement.
- The Physiotherapy Standardised Patients Program is embedded into the program to assist students with the transition from classroom to clinic. This program won a UQ award for Programs that Enhance Learning in 2014.
- Students will complete 5-week placements at on-site clinics, as well as within the community. On-site clinics include Developmental Paediatric Clinic; Musculoskeletal and Sports Injury Clinic; Neurological, Ageing and Balance Clinic. One of UQ’s newest clinics, the Tele-rehabilitation clinic, is the first within Australia and one of the first of its kind in the world.
- The Clinical Education team assists in the development and provision of student placement opportunities. Students are not required to find the placements themselves and the team provide support to the students throughout the placements.
- Th school has exceptional academics who teach the Master of Physiotherapy Studies, including Dr Allison Mandrusiak, who won one of only two global Universitas 21 Teaching Excellence Awards in 2015.
Are you thinking of applying to UQ physiotherapy? Please note the application deadline is this Friday, May 27!
The UQ Physiotherapy School offers a graduate-entry two-year Master of Physiotherapy Studies designed for those students who have a bachelor’s degree and wish to gain qualifications to register as a physiotherapist.
The objectives of the program are
- to provide students with the theoretical knowledge, skills and clinical competencies required of an entry-level graduate in physiotherapy; and
- to develop abilities to extend knowledge in physiotherapy practice and organizational management, and to provide skills in research for physiotherapy.
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Next semester intake: November 2016
Program duration: 2 years