As a Melbourne JD student…
As a Melbourne JD student, you have the flexibility to pursue particular areas of interest through elective subject selection. Offering more than 45 electives each year, the JD program continually evolves to reflect current developments in law and legal practice.
As a Melbourne JD you will
- join other engaged and enthusiastic students in discussion-based classes and enrich each other’s education;
- build employment skills by collaborating and interacting with other students in group work and through the practical learning opportunities in the elective program;
- have the opportunity to study overseas, and the chance to learn from a curriculum that tracks and responds to global legal developments;
- be part of a tight-knit community of graduates and learn alongside your supportive classmates;
- have the opportunity to join societies, edit journals, attend public lectures and participate in cultural events, moots and competitions; and
- build a network for life through connections with your student peers, Law School alumni, mentors and university staff.
Melbourne Law School offers exciting subjects abroad, with opportunities to meet and network with international practitioners.
You can immerse yourself in another culture while studying for a semester abroad, and explore student life in a different environment. Melbourne Law School provides exchange opportunities with institutions across the world, including in the US, Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Germany, the UK, Israel and Singapore. Students may earn a dual degree with one of the following degree partners: the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, New York University, the University of British Columbia’s Peter A Allard School of Law and the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016 – Law
Melbourne Law School Juris Doctor programProgram: Juris Doctor (JD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February
Duration: 3 years (2 or 2.5 years for accelerated program)
Application deadline: Melbourne Law School has a general application deadline of November 30 each year; however, late applications may be accepted.