Career opportunities for occupational therapy graduates
The Master of Occupational Therapy Practice program at Monash University is a full-time course over two years from July to May (mid-year intake). It will operate over 72 weeks and include 1000 hours of fieldwork education commensurate with World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) Minimum Standards for the Education of Occupational Therapists (2002).
Monash University strives to develop OT graduates who are
- occupation-focused, socially responsible, culturally respectful, and globally aware;
- critical, self-reflective, flexible and collaborative in their approach to their work;
- effective communicators, team members and ambassadors of an occupational perspective of health;
- able to critically appraise, apply and translate knowledge into practice;
- able to innovate, create and facilitate professional practice / knowledge development; and
- committed to lifelong learning and advancement of the occupational therapy profession.
Monash Master of Occupational Therapy PracticeProgram: Master of Occupational Therapy Practice
Location: Peninsula Campus, (approx. 40 km southeast of Melbourne)
Semester intake: July
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: Monash has a general application deadline of October 31 each year; however, candidates are encouraged to apply a minimum of three months prior to the program start date.