A few of our favourite things at Christmas

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ladies, have you got all your shopping done? Guys, it’s almost Christmas Eve—better get your lists ready and head out early tomorrow morning!

OzTREKK Christmas party... ax-throwing
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from all of us at OzTREKK!

All of us at OzTREKK would like to thank all of our OzTREKKers for making 2016 such a great year! We are so excited for the OzTREKK Orientations in Australia. We will be there to meet you on Aussie soil, to help you get settled and to introduce you to fellow students. The orientations at our Australian universities are one of our favourite things, so be sure to fit in the OzTREKK Welcome events before you attend your university’s official orientation. Don’t forget to RSVP: http://study.oztrekk.com/oztrekk-orientation/

We did a little office survey this morning and here are few more of our favourite things (not counting warm woolen mittens and whiskers on kittens)….

Adam: Hot drinks with booze in them, and turkey dinner and holiday smorgasbords. And of course, my wonderful family.

Jaime: Our new family tradition of sitting down together and watching a classic movie. Last year was Clueless. This year Mean Girls is queued up. Also the stuffing.

Nicole: I love… family time. Tobogganing with my family on our own personal toboggan hill at my parents’ house is the best, and this year there is snow!

Amanda: My favourite part of Christmas is watching the kiddies and my family open gifts! I love when my surprises are a success! Also, I can never get enough of “Claaark is your house on fire?” – National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. And… All. The. Food.

Shannon: I love hanging with family, stuffing my face with yummy food and all that jazz. Deep down I am still a kid when it comes to Christmas though and really look forward to all the Christmas specials on TV:
  1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (never gets old)
  2. Elf
  3. A Christmas Story (You’ll shoot your eye out!)
  4. The stop-motion classic Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman—I put them together, because they usually air one right after the other.
Julie: Old-fashioned Christmas lights (frosted), old-fashioned Christmas music (Bing! Nat! Andy! Lawrence Welk! Johnny!), old-fashioned Christmas movies, an old-fashioned drink….

Krista: Mine would have to be chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at my nose, yuletide carols being sung by a choir, and folks dressed up like Eskimos. JK JK!! Staying in my pjs ’til noon sipping on Baileys and coffee… then spending time with family, watching their faces when they open gifts. And then switching to rum and eggnog in the afternoon.

A few of our favourite things
Med School Admissions Officer Courtney Frank’s “Bo” is all ready for Christmas!

Lindsay: Spending time with family and friends and of course a couple glasses of wine.

Courtney: My favourite things at Christmas time include wrapping presents (surprisingly), all of the yummy food, and family time for sure. Usually at one of my family dinners my uncle will break out the guitar once everyone is tipsy and we sit around and sing old country songs haha! I also enjoy my tradition of dressing my dog up in his Christmas sweaters! He has a much larger one now though!

Matthew: Here are my favourite things for Christmas:
  • Beer
  • Mom’s cookies
  • Falling into Christmas trees and gracefully crushing gifts
  • World Junior Hockey Championship
  • Sweatpants
Meghan: I love all the food and drinks, and hanging out with my friends and family, but I have to say getting that “OMG” reaction to the perfect gift is probably my favourite thing about Christmas!

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful, Happy New Year! The OzTREKK office will be closed Monday, Dec. 26 to  Friday, Dec. 31, 2016 and will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2017!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Sydney is closing the veterinary void

Monash University medical student joins Antarctica expedition to inspire environmental change

New University of Melbourne student accommodation opens in the heart of Carlton