The Macquarie Doctor of Physiotherapy program is the first in New South Wales. Students will graduate with advanced clinical skills developed in more than 1,000 hours of supervised clinical practice. And with business, management and leadership training, you’ll be ready launch a fulfilling career as a physiotherapist in a variety of settings.
Learning within state-of-the-art purpose-built facilities, Macquarie DPT students collaborate with leading researchers and respected clinicians in Macquarie University Hospital and the university’s other clinical partners to promote the health and well-being across the lifespan.
Program: Doctor of Physiotherapy
Location: Sydney, New South Wales
Duration: 3 years
Next available intake: July 2017
Application deadline: February 23, 2017
1. Completion of a bachelor’s degree with about a 65% average or above. This is the minimum academic standing needed to apply and does not guarantee admission. The starting point to a competitive average would be at least a 70% cumulative average or higher; however, competitiveness changes each year depending on the quality and quantity of each year’s applicants.
2. Prerequisite courses in the following areas:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology (Cell and Systems)
- Research Methods
- Exercise physiology
- Motor learning and performance
Once entry requirements for each candidate have been met the following processes occurs:
- Candidates will be ranked on their academic merit based on their highest GPA for any tertiary qualification.
- Secondary level of consideration will be given to students who have completed desired tertiary units of study.
- The highest ranked candidates will be offered a place.